Saturday, October 29, 2016

Is This the End?

Well, is it? Ha! No. I created this monstrosity and now I'm stuck with it until the day I die. I might as well make it something decent that I can share with friends and family.

Image result for now this is not the end

That Fiction Factor blog/ website I previously mentioned is incredibly helpful. It's also much more diverse than I originally thought and covers a lot of subjects. I read one of the articles on names to help me come up with some names for my two aliens. I ended up with Nim the Assistant and Dorzu the Overseer.

I originally thought I wouldn't need to name them because they were merely setting the stage for the main characters. Now I know them and know that Nim is very fatherly and affectionate, and Dorzu is commanding and irritating but still a good person. After thinking about who they were, it seemed like a bad idea to keep referring to them as "the assistant" and "the other".

Some more resources for those who want them: Purdue Owl

The Purdue Owl covers plot, character, theme, conflict/crisis/resolution, and point of view.

So next up on my to do list for the misshapen mass of words is still adding detail. Still. You might be thinking I'm lazy, and you certainly aren't entirely wrong. I've got a lot on my plate though. I only make time to write and revise my piece every three days or so now. It's a lot more than I used to, which was never.

No comments:

Post a Comment