Wednesday, October 5, 2016

What's a thirty day challenge anyway?

My thirty day challenge is to write a paragraph to a page a day. Creative writing certainly isn't easy.
If you want to know more, here you go: Intro Essay

I already missed four days because I was without a computer and didn't have a hard copy of what I had already written while I was out of state.

Image result for life gets in the way

Starting was easy, and I know where the first hump will be. When I finish the prologue, I will have to tie it into the first chapter. I have a general idea for where I want my story to go, but I'm not entirely sure how I will transition.

Shitty First Drafts by Anne Lamot

Anne Lamot's piece on first drafts can help anyone write.
It convinced me to just keep writing instead of getting hung up on a part, which is also known as writer's block. I never thought of just powering through a bad section of writing to get to a part that made it all worth it. In the past I would just stare at the sentences wondering why they wouldn't just work. After a few weeks of just staring at my creation, I would give up.

No more of that. Now I'll stumble through it, head first, into whatever grimace-worthy story I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment